Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

As I have mentioned, with little miss in school now, I like to make sure that she has a good breakfast in the morning. It's great when the breakfast can be prepared the night before (like this one), but that's not always possible. So I at least try to get as much prepared ahead of time as I can.

So last week when little miss requested pancakes, I knew I'd be able to get it done. And, with the start of Fall weather around here, I was in the mood to make them festive fall pancakes, so I reached for a can of pumpkin puree.

To make things easier for me in the morning, I measured out and whisked together the dry ingredients before bed, and also set out everything else I'd need. (well, everything that could sit out overnight...)


In the morning, all I had to do was measure out the wet ingredients and then incorporate them into the already prepared dry ingredients.


Then, while little miss got dressed, the pancakes cooked.


And then little miss, little man and I were ready to eat!


These were a great start to the day, as well as a great start to the fall eating season.


Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
1 egg
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a separate bowl (or right in the measuring cup, if it's big enough!), combine the milk, egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Heat a skillet to medium/medium high heat.
Spray pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
Spoon mixture into skillet (whatever size you like your pancakes) and cook a few minutes. The top will start to bubble (lightly) and the edges will begin to look dry. Flip pancake and cook for a minute or two on the other side.
Serve with topping of your choice (maple syrup, powdered sugar - whatever you like!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails